Following is the memory configuration:
T40, T40p — PC2100 DDR SDRAM 266MHZ 2GB maximum. 2 200-pin sockets
T41, T41p — PC2700 DDR SDRAM 333MHZ 2GB maximum 2 200-pin sockets
T43, T43p — PC2-4200 CL4 SDRAM 533MHZ 2GB maximum 2 200-pin sockets
This model of Thinkpad has two memory slots; one accessed on the back of the machine and the other under the keyboard.
– Turn off the computer and disconnect the AC adapter.
– Close display and turn the laptop over.
– Remove the battery.
– Loosen the screw that holds the memory cover; then remove the cover.
– The memory cover is located below the battery slot on the back of the laptop.
– Install the new memory into the socket at an angle then press downward until it snaps into place.
– Replace memory cover and re-tighten the screw.
To access memory under the keyboard:Follow keyboard removal process: Keyboard Removal then return here for instructions on adding memory.
– Install memory into the slot at an angle and press it into place.
– Reverse the steps to install the keyboard and re-tighten the screws on the back of the machine.
-Check that the laptop recognizes the additional memory by pressing F1 to enter the BIOS right after turning on the laptop.