Playing games while sitting in any old chair doesn’t cut it any longer. You get sore, uncomfortable and you need much better support.
This is where a good-quality gaming chair comes into play. There are a ton of them on the market, so it’s important to do some research before you buy.
The number and type of adjustments a quality gaming chair has should be a top priority in your buying decision.
In this guide, you’ll learn what to consider when choosing the best ergonomic gaming chair for you.
The Ultimate Gaming Chair Buyer’s Guide
- My Top 2 Favorite Gaming Chairs (Top Scores)
- What Gaming Chair Is Best For You?
- What To Look For When Buying A Gaming Chair
- How Do You Know If A Gaming Chair Is Good?
- Gaming Chair Statistics Table
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Here are some of my favorite tools
I have selected these gaming chairs as the best representatives of the top-rated chairs sold today. Ergonomics and adjustability are key determining factors in this selection. When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more
My Top 2 Favorite Gaming Chairs (Top Scores)
Razer Iskur Gaming Chair
- Excellent adjustability.
- Quality and comfort very good.
- Mid-range price.
The overall winner in a gaming chair.
2nd Best Choice
Homall Racing Gaming Chair
- Very good comfort level.
- Ergonomics provide nice support.
- Armrests not adjustable.
The affordable choice in a chair.
These gaming chairs meet the requirements of:
- Ample seating adjustments.
- Comfort and ergonomics.
- Size and features.
- Quality and material.
What Gaming Chair Is Best For You?
To select the gaming chair that is best for you, take into account your height, weight, and how much you plan on sitting in the chair. Chairs usually are available in small, medium, and large sizes, which will help narrow your choices.
We’ll get into the specific features of a good chair in a bit, but for now, knowing the requirements you need for comfort and support will help you be an informed buyer.
How Should You Fit In A Gaming Chair?
When you sit in a gaming chair make sure it meets the following:
- The chair sits high enough so your elbows are level with the keyboard if you have one.
- The chair seat pan should be deep enough to cover most of your thigh, but not so deep it hits your knees.
- You feet should be flat on the floor.
- The backrest or lumbar support should support at about the belt level or low back.
- The seat should be wide enough for your body.
- A tilt control to lean back is a good plus.
- Good firm padding for support.
Tip #1) – The chair height and seat width should match your size in your game chair buying decision.
Best All-Around Chair
- Ergonomic Lumbar Support: Total lower back support with built-in, fully adjustable lumbar curve.
- Multi-Layered Synthetic Leather: Tougher and more durable than standard PU leather.
- High Density Foam Cushions: Denser, durable cushions have a plush feel and better contouring.
- 4D Armrests: Adjust the armrests’ height, angle and move them forwards or backwards.
9.7/10 Rating – See table below
Why The Razer Iskur Gaming Chair –
- Ample Adjustments: 4D Armrests, Lumbar, Height, Recline, Tilt, Lock
- Ergonomics And Comfort: Firm Cushion, Comfortable Lumbar Backrest
- Size And Features: Up to 6’2″ and 299 lbs., Fully Adjustable, 66 lbs.
- Quality And Material: Premium Synth PVC Leather, Metal Base, Class 4, 3 Yr. Warranty
- Seat cushion might be too firm for some users. -Give it a few days to break in.
The Razer Iskur is a solid chair with firm padding and premium synthetic leather which features a cool snakeskin pattern. For me, the lumbar adjustments are fantastic and much better than chairs that use pillows.
The adjustments, quality of build, and comfort all paired with a 3-year warranty are the reasons the Razer Iskur ranks as the best all-around gaming chair.
What To Look For When Buying A Gaming Chair
So what should a good gaming chair have? plenty of adjustments are very important to adjust to your size. Quality, materials, and comfort all play a part and will be discussed below.
Plenty Of Adjustments
For a proper fit, a chair should have adjustments allowing it to support the whole body. A full range of adjustments include:
- Height adjustment. Feet should be flat on the floor with knees at 90 degrees.
- Seat pan depth and width. Most of your thighs should be supported but not reaching the knees. Seat should be just wider than your hips.
- Back support adjustment. Adjust the back to the same height as your back.
- Lumbar support adjustment. Adjust to support the lower back at about the belt level.
- Armrest support adjustments. Arms should be naturally at your sides, adjust the armrests to meet them.
- Headrest adjustments. Set the headrest to support the back of the head and neck at a level postition.
Tip #2) – Buy a chair with ample adjustments to fit it to your shape and size.
Upgrade your gaming experience with a new gaming keyboard.
Check out: Best Gaming Keyboards Under $100
Quality, Comfort And Ergonomics
A five-spoke wheelbase is standard these days but the casters vary as some are plastic and others metal. Choose casters for either a hard surface or a carpeted surface.
Some lumbar and head supports are in the form of adjustable pillows. Place these in the best position as described above.
Tip #3) – Choose the right size chair for your body and then use the adjustments to fit it to you. The seat should be about 2″ wider than your hips, and the depth from your back to just shy of your knees.
Know Your Materials
The material your game chair is made of can make a big difference in comfort over the long term. Leather, PU leather, PVC leather, fabric, and mesh are all options for chair materials.
- Leather: The most durable, breathes better than PU or PVC. Most expensive.
- PU Leather: Synthetic with a polyurethane coating. A step below real leather and less expensive.
- PVC Leather: Imitation with polyvinyl chloride. Stain-resistant but less durable and less expensive than real or PU leather.
- Fabric: Very breathable, less stain-resistant and not as durable as leather. Softer and less expensive.
- Mesh: Most breathable but generally less durable. Prices vary.
Tip #4) – Opt for a breathable chair material with the most durability.
Best Budget-Friendly Chair
- Multi Function: 360 degree swivel and multi direction wheels, load capacity: 300-pound maximum weight capacity. Recline function. Between 90 to 180 degree. Rocking function.
- Material: Comfortable high density shaping foam, elasticity resilience and service life. 1.8mm thick steel frame, PU synth. Leather.
- Occasion: Homall s-racer gaming chair, perfect for office, home, conference occasion and gaming room.
- Adjustments: Height, recline, tilt. You cannot adjust the armrests.
9.4/10 Rating – See table below
Why The Homall Racing Gaming Chair –
- Ample Adjustments: Lumbar pillow, Height, Recline, Tilt, Lock
- Ergonomics And Comfort: Good Cushion, Comfortable Backrest w/ pillow
- Size And Features: Up to 6’2″ and 260 lbs., Fully Adjustable, 66 lbs.
- Quality And Material: Premium Synth PVC Leather, Metal Base, Class 4, 3 Yr. Warranty
- Armrests are not adjustable.
The Homall chair is a solid choice for those on a budget. It is comfortable, easy to assemble, and is of good quality. It has good adjustments but does not have adjustable armrests. For the price, this is a great choice.
Comfort, quality for the price, and stylish looks make the Homall S-Racer chair the best budget-friendly gaming chair.
How Do You Know If A Gaming Chair Is Good?
To determine if a gaming chair is good, look at a few of its features. It should have a high backrest to support you for hours while playing on your Legion computer. Also, the build materials should be durable and long-lasting, such as an aluminum base.
The price of a chair does not necessarily determine its quality, however, a mid-range chair will generally cost around $300 US dollars. It is important to buy a chair based on its features and not solely on how it looks.
Built-in lumbar support is almost always superior to an adjustable pillow. Pillows either move or are too soft or too hard for users.
Tip #5) – Price does not always equal quality. Buy for features and not on looks.
Read why you may want to get the Oculus Quest 2 as your next VR headset.
Gaming Chair Statistics Table
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the quality of the chair. A good chair will have ergonomically developed support and adjustments to provide a comfortable fit.
A good quality gaming chair can last years but expect anywhere from 2 to 5 years for a chair to last.
Mesh is a popular material on some chairs, the holes allow for better comfort and breathability. Mesh is a good option but may not last as long as other materials.
The cost of gaming chairs ranges from $100 to $1000 US dollars. Look to pay about $300 for a mid-range quality chair.
Yes, a gaming chair is designed to have the ability to lean forward for some situations. The adjustments can be set to your desired position.
No, they are not difficult to assemble. Most can be put together by one person in about 45 minutes. The chair should come with a manual and tools.
Here are some of my favorite tools
Thank you for checking out my article, I hope you have found it helpful. Below are some tools I recommend that I think you will find useful as well. They are affiliate links where I earn a commission if you do use them. This helps to support this website.
I actually have an article discussing the basics of web hosting and why I switched over to the cloud hosting company, Cloudways. Start a free trial and see all their plans.
Malwarebytes 4 Premium is now out, get it for just – $39.99 per year. The redesigned UI of Malwarebytes 4.0 is more informative, intuitive, and simple to navigate.
Did you know they also offer a next-gen VPN to help protect your privacy online? Check them out for your laptop or computer.
With +17 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy.com is the world’s No.1 domain registrar. They are a great place to register a new domain name and build a website.
Stay safe and browse fast with – NordVPN. Get a special deal through my link.
These monitors are on the Lenovo website as part of their gaming accessories. Check them out through my affiliate link if you need a new monitor.
- 43.4 inch curved display.
- Blazing-fast response time, 144Hz refresh rate.
- VESA certified DisplayHDR, AMD FreeSync 2, detachable Harmon Kardon speakers.
- 24.5-inch e-sports size
- 240Hz refresh rate
- In-Plane Switching display
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 x BC1.2)
- Resolution – 1920×1080
- G-sync Compatible
- 27-inch 1500R Curved Gaming Monitor
- 1920 x 1080, FHD resolution
- 144Hz Refresh Rate
- AMD Radeon FreeSync™ technology
- Game on the go with the Lenovo Game On Bundle
- Legion 17″ Backpack lets you pack up and go
- M600 Mouse and H500 headset compliment the set for gaming anywhere
- Legion H500 Pro 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- Lenovo Legion 17” Armored Backpack
- Lenovo Legion M600 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Get in the game with the Legion Basic Gaming Bundle ONE
- Lenovo Legion K500 Keyboard and M200 Mouse are quick and precise
- Our gaming mouse mat makes swiping a breeze
- Lenovo Legion K500 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Lenovo Legion M200 Mouse
- Lenovo Legion Gaming Cloth Mouse Pad