The Thinkpad T60, T60p, T61 RAM Specs:
T60, T60p — PC2-5300 CL5 DDR2 667MHZ 4GB maximum 2 200-pin sockets
T61 — PC2-5300 DDR2 667MHZ 4GB maximum 2 200-pin sockets
How Do I Upgrade RAM In My T60, T60p, T61 Thinkpad?
This model of Thinkpad has two memory slots located under the the palm rest.
– Turn off the computer and disconnect the AC adapter.
– Close the display and turn the laptop over.
– Remove the battery.
– Remove four screws that have a drawing of a memory chip.
– Carefully push on the palm rest and lift it away from the computer.
– Install memory modules in the two slots at an angle and press down until it locks in place.
– Check that the machine recognizes the memory by pressing F1 to enter the BIOS right after powering on the Thinkpad.
The maximum amount of memory for the T60 and T60p is 4GB.
The maximum amount of memory for the T61 is 8GB.