The Lenovo Legion Duel 2 and Duel phone stats, issues, and how-to instructions are included in this article.
The Lenovo Legion Duel 2 phone and its predecessor the Legion Duel are amazing gaming phones with impressive internals, however, you may need help either using or fixing the phone. That’s what this article is all about.
Fix Your Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Phone Issues.
- Legion Duel 2/Duel Will Not Charge
- Legion Duel 2 And Duel Specifications:
- Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Won’t Boot
- Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Won’t Connect Issue
- Is Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Waterproof?
- Is The Legion Duel 2 Phone 4K?
- Is The Battery Of The Legion Duel 2 Phone Removable?
- Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Phone Release Date
- Lenovo One App
- Duel 2 Phone Camera Pops Up
I try to answer common issues about the Legion Duel 2 phones and talk about the release date for the Duel 2 in the U.S. By the way, both the Legion Duel phones have dual batteries. See if I covered your specific Legion Duel 2 phone issue below.
Legion Duel 2/Duel Will Not Charge
If you are having an issue when you plug in your Duel 2 phone or Duel phone and it will not charge follow the steps below. Basically, you need to make sure everything is connected to power properly and then try to reboot the phone.
Reboot Duel 2 Phone:
Start by rebooting your phone and then check a few things to fix it not charging. See the steps below on how to reboot your Duel phone.
- Press and hold the Power button, and then swipe down to power off the phone. Or, Press the Power button for 20 seconds until the phone shuts off.
- Remove your case to ensure the charging cable is connecting fully in the USB port.
- Also, check the USB charger to make sure it is fully plugged in the wall.
- Charge the phone for at least 4 hours, then check the battery charge level.
- Unplug other devices from the dual-port charger.
- Check if your Duel phone needs a software update that could solve charging issues.
- Lastly, boot into Safe Mode to see if an app is causing an issue. See below.
Boot Into Safe Mode:
Safe mode on the Legion Duel 2 phone will boot the OS without any additional applications. This is a good way to tell if the software is causing an issue with the phone and perhaps preventing it from charging correctly.
- Hold the Volume-Down button while booting up the phone.
- The OS will boot and display ‘Safe Mode’ in the lower part of the display.
- Try charging the phone to see if the issue has been resolved. If it has, you know an app is causing a problem. Look at your recently installed apps and uninstall the offending one.
Lenovo recommends: “Power the phone fully off and on again (power cycle) every 48 hours. A power cycle will turn off any apps that could be inadvertently running in the background, and draining the battery.”
Duel 2 Phone Battery Level:
To see what is using up your phone’s battery, go to Settings >> Battery. This will detail the app or component using the most battery.
You can also go to Settings >> Battery >> Power Usage Detection to see how to optimize the battery for longer use.
Finally, to save power usage enable battery saver. Go to Settings >> Battery >> Battery Saver. If you enable it, it will reduce performance when the battery is low.
Note that the Legion Duel 2 is capable of dual USB-C charging, through its 2 ports.
Legion Duel 2 And Duel Specifications:
The table below details the specs for the Duel 2 and Duel phones including CPU, GPU, OS, RAM, and Storage.
Note that the specifications may vary by location or country. These specs are common on the models released in Great Britain.
|Legion Duel||Legion Duel 2|
|Model: L79031||Model: L70081|
|CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 865 Plus|
5G Mobile Platform
|CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 888 5G mobile platform|
|GPU: Qualcomm Adreno™ 650||GPU: Ardeno™ 660 840MHz|
|OS: Android™ 10/ ZUI 12 / Legion OS||OS: Android 11/ ZUI 12.5 / Legion OS|
|Audio: Dual front-facing stereo speakers|
with Dirac and AWINIC 88264 /
Quad-microphone system with
Qualcomm® Noise Reduction Technology
|Audio: Dual user-facing Dolby Atmos® speakers|
7x magnet stereo speakers
|RAM: 12GB or 16GB LPDDR5||RAM: Up to 16GB LPDDR5|
|Storage: 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1||Storage: Up to 512GB UFS3.1|
|Battery: 5000mAh (Two 2500mAh) |
2 -90W Charge Ports
|Battery: 5500mAh (Two 2750mAh)|
2 -90W Charge Ports
|Display: 6.65”, 19.5:9 (2340 x 1080) 144Hz / FHD+ AMOLED display||Display: 6.92″ FHD (2460 x 1080) 144Hz, AMOLED, 8-bit HDR, Corning® Gorilla® Glass|
|Video Recording: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video at 30 fps for rear cameras||Video Recording: Front:4K video recording at up to 60fps. Rear: 8K Recording.|
|Wireless: Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4G & 5G, 2×2 MIMO)||Wireless: Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4G & 5G, 2×2 MIMO)|
Note on Duel 2 battery life: A complete charge of the two 2500mAh(5000mAh battery) with the USB-C plug can provide up to 24 hours of normal usage or up to 7 hours for intermittent gameplay. It all depends on how you use the phone.
Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Won’t Boot
If your Duel 2 phone will not load or boot use the Rescue and Smart Assistant program to reinstall the firmware to the phone. It will factory reset and all your data and apps will be lost, be sure to back up your information before proceeding.
Before reinstalling the phone’s software, be sure to double-check other issues preventing your phone from booting. Ensure the charger is working properly and try just rebooting or booting into safe mode on the phone, use the steps above.
Lenovo Rescue And Smart Assistant Tool
As a last resort, use the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool if your Duel 2 phone won’t boot or has serious issues. Note: all data and apps will be erased. Follow the steps below to perform a reset.
- Download Rescue and Smart Assistant from Lenovo. This link is for the U.S.
- Launch the program and log into or create an account.
- Click the big Rescue button on the main screen.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Select the Power-off Mode tab and click OK. Use this since the phone will not boot.
- Select your device and its properties from the list. Be careful to pick the exact device as your phone.
- Download the software and click Rescue Now to start the installation.
You will now need to set the country code for the Legion Duel 2 phone. Leave the phone connected to your computer and power it on. Next, dial ####682# from the phone and follow the instructions.
Rescue and Smart Assistant tool can resolve boot issues with Duel phones.
You can also backup your phone’s data using the Rescue and Smart Assistant program. Select Backup & Restore from the main page. Make the selections appropriate to your needs and backup data to your computer.
It’s not clear if this program will work on the original Duel phones.
Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Won’t Connect Issue
Reset the Wi-Fi settings if the Legion Duel phone will not connect. A network reset option is available which will reset all your network including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cell data. See the steps below.
- Go to Settings > General settings > Network settings reset
- Select Network settings reset
- Unlock your Duel phone
- Select Reset
- Now try to reconnect to Wi-Fi again by choosing your access point and entering your credentials.
Note: Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled first by going to Settings > Wi-Fi and try turning off mobile data.
Wi-Fi Battery Saver:
If your phone keeps dropping Wi-Fi when the screen is turned off, check the settings.
- Go to Settings > WLAN > Advanced
- Check your selected option under Keep WLAN on during sleep. Choose to keep it connected if needed.
- You may need to turn off Battery Saver as this can disable Wi-Fi when the screen is turned off. See above for how to disable battery saver.
Is Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Waterproof?
The Legion Duel 2 phone is not waterproof but it does have a water-repellent coating. Consider purchasing an extended or accident coverage warranty from Lenovo if you think water is going to be an issue for you.
Note: The display is AMOLED and according to Lenovo, “it is OK to use disinfecting wipes with 70% isopropyl alcohol to gently wipe your display.“
Need a new gaming chair? Read my article:
Is The Legion Duel 2 Phone 4K?
Yes, both the Legion Duel and Legion Duel 2 have 4K video recording.
The Duel phone is capable of 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video at 30 fps. The front camera is 20 MP f/2.2 and the rear camera is 64 MP f/1.9. The rear camera also has 3-axis electronic video stabilization.
The Duel 2 phone is capable of 4K video at up to 60 fps on the front camera and 8K video recording at 24 fps on the rear camera. The front camera is 44 MP f/2.0 with a Samsung sensor and the rear camera is 64 MP f/1.9 with an OmniVision sensor.
The Duel phones also have Google Lens built in as well, which is image recognition technology. It is available on many phones these days.
Legion Duel – 4K video recording at 30fps.
Legion Duel 2 – 8K at 24fps on the rear camera.
Is The Battery Of The Legion Duel 2 Phone Removable?
No, the batteries of the Legion Duel phones are not removable. As I showed in the table above, there are two batteries installed in the Duel phones. The Duel has 5000mAh (Two 2500mAh) while the Duel 2 has 5500mAh (Two 2750mAh) battery capacity.
Each battery is located on either side of the central computer board, or towards the outside of the phone.
Lenovo Legion Duel 2 Phone Release Date
According to Lenovo, the release dates for the Duel 2 are as follows: Europe in May 2021, China in April 2021, and North America is to be determined.
The links below are Amazon affiliate links in which I get paid a commission if a purchase is made.
Lenovo One App
Legion Duel phone users outside the U.S. may be familiar with the Lenovo One app. Lenovo One is a tool allowing you to connect some Android phones to Windows computers. It is available for download as Lenovo One which works on only a few devices and Lenovo One Lite which works on most Android phones.
To access Lenovo One on your Duel phone, go to Settings > General settings. Turn on the Lenovo One switch, and then turn on both Bluetooth and Location. Next, launch the app on your Windows computer and connect.
Duel 2 Phone Camera Pops Up
I’ve recently heard about the phone’s camera automatically popping up by itself. This usually occurs when you get a call from Whatsapp, and without even answering the call, the camera pops up.
To resolve the phone camera popping up as you receive a Whatsapp call, try clearing the app’s data. Go to Settings > Apps & notification > see all apps > Whatsapp > Clear Data or Clear Storage.
I hope I answered your questions about any issues you are having with the Legion Duel and Duel 2 phones. Both are great phones as well as amazing gaming devices; it’s impressive how much technology can be packed in such small cases these days.