How to Get the Most Out of Your Microsoft Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5.
Are you looking to get the most out of your Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5?
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know to optimize performance and battery life, customize your device to suit your needs, and maximize productivity with Microsoft Office and other apps.
Whether you’re a student, professional, or casual user, these tips will help you unlock the full potential of your device. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive in!
Microsoft’s Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 are two of the most popular laptops on the market today. These devices come with a variety of features and capabilities that can help you get the most out of your work, play, and entertainment needs.
However, many users are unaware of the many tips and tricks that can help them unlock the true potential of their Surface Pro or Laptop.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the best ways to get the most out of your Microsoft Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Customize Your Experience
One of the biggest advantages of the Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 is their ability to customize your experience.
Whether you want to change the desktop background, change the volume, or adjust the brightness of your display, there are several customization options available to you.
To customize your experience, go to the Start menu and select Settings. From there, you can customize your display, sound, notification settings, and much more.
Use Your Touchscreen
Both the Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 come with a touch screen, which can be a big advantage when it comes to productivity and ease of use.
Simply tap or swipe the screen to navigate through your apps, documents, and files. You can even use the touchscreen to draw or write using a stylus.
For best results, consider using a stylus with your Surface Pro or Laptop to get even more precise control and functionality.
When it comes to staying connected, the Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 have you covered. Both devices come with a wide range of connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC.
You can connect to your home or office networks, connect to other devices like smartphones and tablets, and even use your Surface Pro or Laptop as a hotspot.
In addition, the Surface Pro 9 comes with built-in LTE connectivity, which means you can stay connected even when you’re away from Wi-Fi hotspots.
Maximize Battery Life
Your Surface device should be serving you, not the other way around. One sure way to make the most of owning a Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5 is by optimizing your battery life. Here are a few tips to achieve that:
- Lower the brightness of your screen
- Turn off Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi when not in use
- Dimming the screen automatically can help you save a significant amount of battery life
- Adjust your power settings: Go to Settings and click on System, then Battery.
Customize Your Device Settings
Surface devices come with a lot of features, but they might not be perfect for you out of the box. It’s best if you customize settings to fit your specific purposes and needs.
- Choose your default web browser: Sometimes, the default browser might not be your preference. Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Default apps and select your preferred browser.
- Customize your touchpad settings: Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad. You can then adjust your touchpad gestures and sensitivity.
- Setup your Windows Hello: Facial recognition is the easiest way to gain access to your device, especially when you’re wearing gloves. Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Windows Hello.
As a business owner, student, or creative type, productivity is your main focus. Here are some of the tips and techniques for maximizing your productivity while using Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5:
- Get Microsoft 365: Microsoft 365 includes Office apps, OneDrive, Outlook, and Teams, designed to help you stay productive in every situation.
- Use the Surface Pen: Surface Pen provides a natural writing and drawing experience. You can take notes, write on photos, and even fictionally sign documents.
- Create a Multi-Tasking Environment: With the Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5, you have the ability to customize a split view to open two applications at once, or you can add multiple workspaces to help with organization and productivity.
Take Advantage of Microsoft Office
If you’re a fan of Microsoft’s Office suite, you’ll be happy to know that the Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 come with Office pre-installed.
This means you can use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office applications right out of the box.
In addition, you can take advantage of features like OneDrive integration, which allows you to store and access your documents and files from anywhere.
Keep Your Surface Pro or Laptop Up to Date
Finally, it’s important to keep your Surface Pro 9 or Surface Laptop 5 up to date with the latest software and security updates.
Microsoft regularly releases updates for its devices, which can include new features, bug fixes, and security enhancements.
To update your device, go to the Start menu and select Settings, then select Update and Security. From there, you can check for updates and install them as needed.
In conclusion, the Microsoft Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 are powerful and versatile devices that can help you get the most out of your work and leisure time.
By customizing your experience, using your touch screen, staying connected, taking advantage of Microsoft Office, and keeping your device up to date, you can ensure that your device is running smoothly and efficiently.
Whether you’re a student, professional, or casual user, the Surface Pro 9 and Surface Laptop 5 are a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality laptop that can do it all.
J.S. is the owner, content creator, and editor at Upgrades-and-Options.com. I’ve worked in the IT and Computer Support field for over 20 years. The server hardware in my computer labs has mostly been IBM, but I’ve supported Dell, HP, and various other hardware. In addition, as part of my lab administrator responsibilities, I’ve learned, supported, and repaired/upgraded network hardware such as Cisco routers and switches. READ FULL BIO >>
- Navigating the Lenovo Lineup: A Beginner’s Guide to Choosing the Right Laptop
- The Role of 5G in Remote Work: Understanding the Technology
- Maintaining Work-Life Balance in a Remote Work Environment
- Adapting To The Shift: The New Norms of Remote Work
- How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To A Laptop
- How to Find the IP Address of Your Laptop
- PS5 Controller Not Charging – FIX
- Liquid Cooled Dreams: Demystifying Laptop Cooling Systems